The Mindbodysoul provides screening tests and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). Engaging in sexual activities may cause different kinds of infections. If one is afflicted with a condition, has poor hygiene, or sleeps with multiple partners, she is at a higher risk of contracting STDs.
While they affect both sexes, they have more severe effects on women. If a pregnant woman has an STD, it can cause serious health problems for her and the baby. Women’s Aid Center can provide an accurate diagnosis of your STD. We will determine the cause of your disease, whether it’s bacterial infection or virus and we will treat it and stop it from getting worse.
Most common STDs:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts
- HIV (AIDS)
- STD Prevention
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF STDS?
STDs may or may not come with symptoms. If they do, the signs of the diseases may include the following:
- Bumps, sores, or warts near the mouth, anus, penis, or vagina
- Swelling or redness near the penis or vagina
- Skin rash
- Painful urination
- Weight loss, loose stools, night sweats
- Aches, pains, fever, and chills
- Yellowing of the skin (jaundice)
- Discharge from vagina or from penis of your partner (Vaginal discharge may have an odor)
- Bleeding from the vagina other than during a monthly period
- Painful sex
- Severe itching near the penis or vagina.